Sunday, November 4, 2012

Eggplant Parmigiana




Dinner tonight was Eggplant Parmigiana. I have always wanted to make this dish because I have had this at relatives and out at restaurants; it has always been a dish I have enjoyed! At least until tonight…how can a recipe with four ingredients be difficult? Well, if you have never cooked eggplant before it is a test of patience. After frying a few slices in olive oil, I quickly figured they were never going to brown and had absorbed all the oil. What a greasy mess!!! In order not to ruin the dinner I looked up on the internet a few tips and decided to go with the broil method. Lightly oil and broil each side for five minutes… again a lot of time but at least the vegetable wasn’t drowning in oil. The finished product looked very similar to the lasagna photo so I am glad I took a picture of the fresh eggplant. Layers of eggplant, sauce and mozzarella cheese baked nicely and served with mostaccioli on the side gave it the fill factor. 
Although dinner was quite late it was also pretty good (not exactly like the restaurants but very tasty)!

1 comment:

  1. I love eggplant and have had a similar experience in working with it in the past. It's not as easy as the recipes depict. I'd always rather have it in a restaurant, but I'm glad yours ended up turing out!

    ReplyDelete